Sunday, August 4, 2013

Humbling experience

Last week my SCM colleagues and I decided that we will do a donation drive so we decided to each buy food items and then send them to families that needs them. We decided to visit 3 houses but come thursday we had so many items we decided to visit additional houses.

Due to time constraints we managed to visit 4 houses only, 2 being in Panaga, 1 in Seria and 1 in Lumut. I have to say among all the last house in Lumut was the one that impacted me a lot.











As you can see the house is in dire state. It is made of zinc and it houses 9 people.. They did not have any water supply and i am not sure how they get their electricity from.

I pray that this family gets the help that they need cause for me no one should be living like this. They are getting the media attention over the weekend and i pray that the relevant authorities will do what is necessary..



This was us moving the items in the house..


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: