Saturday, June 9, 2012

Failure

I sometime wonder if other parents, especially on a bad day, that they are bad parents.. I certainly had those days and today is one of those days...

I feel like all i do all day is tell Nadia off. Tell her to stop doing this, don't do that, tell her No and tell her i'm going to start counting to 3 and if i get to three and she has not done what i asked her to do there will be consequences.. Nadia being a big 3yr old girl of course gets upset with me and tell me she does not want to be friends with me.. I am so tired of telling her off.. Maybe i should stop.. But how..? I try to talk to her and make her understand why i want her to stop but she just doesn't.. Is there a phase that a 3 yr old goes through that i don't know of?

Sofiyya just had her first injury. She was playing with one of the shoe boxes that i was going to throw away. i was about a meter away and she stood up and decided that she wants to ride the box. This made her lose her balance and fell to the front and on her face. I rushed to console her and realise there is blood coming out of her mouth and we saw there was a tiny cut on her gum above her one tiny tooth.. Words cannot describe how guilty i feel. I should have taken the box away from her. If only i did..

Days like today i feel like i am such a failure. I failed as a parent to both my children.. I failed.. I am a bad mother..

Is anyone out there mum or dad, feeling how i feel?

*sob sob*

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: