Wednesday, October 24, 2012

low milk supply

Often we get comments from new mothers saying that their milk production is low.. This is a pretty common comment, I had it when I first had Nadia.. I even had an aunt press on my Bs and said 'its empty'.. I remember I cried my eyes out that evening and vowed that i will do all that i can to make sure 'nada isi' will never happen again.. 

I guess one of the things that needed adjustment back then was my expectation. Being new to breastfeeding and have always known the most convenient form of feeding i.e. FM, I though my Bs will immediately fill and in one sitting i will be able to get 6oz per expressing session. Little did I know that it doesn't work that way.. Our Bs are like muscles, we need to exercise and train them in order to get the produce that we want.. Through my readings and speaking to friends I found out about stimulating our Bs.. alhamdulillah it works for me..

so on most occasions when friends ask me how to increase production, i say stimulate, stimulate, STIMULATE!! Pump, pump, PUMP! 

I came across this website and i thought it would be good to share here.. Happy reading mummies!! http://www.lowmilksupply.org/

No comments: