Friday, December 28, 2012

Reflection on 2012



With 2012 coming to an end in a couple of hours I can’t help (as I do each year) to reflect on our 2012. 

We started off the year with a visit to the hospital resulting in both girls being admitted in the pediatric ward in Tutong hospital. Both girls caught the tummy bug and we were there for 8 whole nights. We also started the year by staying at the ILs because my maid went home to tend to her sick husband. That went on for about a month and each time we leave my house to go back to the ILs, my grandmother (and I) would shed some tears.

We then went on the year with a mini celebration for Nadia and my grandmother’s birthday at home and a huge Hawaiian luau bash for Sofiyya’s first birthday and also to celebrate my nephew turning 12 and my dad turning 65! That was a good bash and a success I would say with the exception that the girls were supposed to put up a dance show but never came through. LOL. I turned 30 on the 2nd day of hari raya and celebrated by welcoming our guests to our annual open house. Hubs turned 36 and we celebrated with a BBQ at his fav bike shop. 

On the flip side we also received some bad news with Hubs’ grandmother falling sick and we also suffered some losses in my family, a cousin, a grandfather and an uncle. We continue to pray that Allah will place them with the pious, amin.. 

Family has not always been my top priority but now it is. I make it a point to spend time with my family. Alhamdulillah we managed to attend the annual Liam’s dinner and this time it was a bit more special as it was held outside and we also managed to go back and spend Christmas day with hub’s family. I tell my colleagues that it’s not that I do not want to work the extra hour but if it’s not required of me then I shall leave work at 5 and continue the next day. It may seem to people that I am maybe not doing my job but that’s their prerogative. I have my deliverables and that; I hope will prove that despite my leaving on the dot that I am doing what I am paid for. 

Speaking of work, I have started my 1 year secondment in Seria since November, and it is now my 7th week and I am enjoying it, Alhamdulillah.. 45 weeks to go.. 

So things to look forward to in 2013.. Nadia is starting school and we are all excited for that!! But not before we go on our family holiday.. And Sofiyya turning 2 and achieving my 2 year goal! I also will re-embark on my studies doing a certification self study and examination and hopefully will be able to complete one level in 2013. Trying to manage work-life balance will indeed be a challenge next year. 

So peeps! If I don’t write again, Happy new year and we wish you all the best for the coming year and may Allah bless you all always..

No comments: