Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Natural and Easy?

I was reading one of the blogs that i have bookmarked and came across this article about challenges of breastfeeding and i could not agree more..! when you read in books they make it seem like breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world where the baby will instinctively seek for your nips and suckle.. and especially in the early days when we are tired (and hormotional), we (read: I) cant help but feel defeated when we (read: I) are not able to breastfeed.. I agree completely with the writer that new moms must preserver and get the support she needs from the right people..

Reading on i read how it is quite easy for her to breastfeed in public, now this is a feat that i still cannot do.. I think i am very conscious about this and the fact that Sofiyya now refuse to feed in public cause she will poke her head out and see what is going on, makes it even worse i guess.. So i end up feeding her in the car or bringing along some EBMs in the bottle. I guess it would also help if we have more mummy's room available at public places.. I wish Brunei has good, clean, non-smelly mommy's room like the ones they have in Parkson Miri cause the ones we have here are.... (i'll just leave it at that!!)

No comments: