Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Got Milk?

We started to bottle feed Dia actively to train her so what i have done is Bottle feed her from 9 am till about 2pm. Alhamdulilah, she shows no preference between Bottle Feeding and Direct Feeding.. 

One of my mistake earlier on is storing my BM at 4Ozs each bag (some are at 6Oz) which at this point is too much for her.. Dia takes about 1-1.5Oz for every 2hrs and in order for her to finish 4Oz it will take her 3 feed, approx 6 hrs. And sometimes it takes her longer than that which means, I have to throw out my milk (since my research says that BM stored at room temperature will expire after 6 hrs. FYI 6 hrs is an average number that i have taken as the number across the website varies).. So SAYANG lah!! huhu So i adjusted and have begun storing BM at 2Oz each bag. hehe

Oh have also begun to use the FIFO method in using up my milk.. First In, First Out! That way i have 'fresh-ier' BM for Dia to drink nanti... hehe

In terms of pumping, i now pump twice per day and producing about 4Oz per 8-10 mins pump. As i don't have any plans to travel abroad yet, i think my current ritual should be good enough to ensure Dia has enough food while Mummy is at work.. hehe I know i only go back to work in June but no harm in planning ahead right? hehe

Here are some pics of Dia being bottle fed..

Looks over to the Camera for a shot! How very like her Mummy! hahaha 

Concentrating on finishing her bottle

And when she is done, this is how she looks like! Bejabih! (and still looks at the camera haha)

No comments: