Monday, June 21, 2010

cultural weekend

Hello peeps! How are you all today? I am still sick *boo hoo* but despite feeling under the weather, we managed to attend a function and went out here and there over the weekend! maybe that's why my health have not improved kali.. hahaha

SATURDAY: 19th June 2010

Dia getting ready for her shot

Getting worried

And then there's the shot..

We headed to Fragipani for lunch..

His food: Lamb Briyani

My food: Ayam Penyet

SUNDAY: 20th June 2010

We headed to Mungkom, Kiudang to one of Anjai's uncle's place. There was a 'doa selamat and melapas niat' function. I thought it was a small function sekali there was 12 tents and apparently this is pretty normal for this household. As I went into the house I saw this:

Was of course curious.. This is a traditional adat called 'Menganding'..

That guy holding the tiny gangsa was reciting some stuff. I caught 'tolak bala' somewhere so i guess this was to bless everyone and to tolak bala..

Once he stopped with his 'recital' everyone ate!

Anjai's godmother finally met Nadia! hehe caught Anjai and his godmother in tears.. hehe

This i think was Nadia's fav moments. These kids were playing the traditional instruments
She was dancing, moving her legs.. hehe

One of Anjai's cousin's son and he plays mean guling tangan

Dia and Kaka Memet

Both of them liked the fan

Ok correct that, this is probably her most fav moments!

She gets to play the gong hehe

Kaka Memet teaching her

Look at how excited she is!

Look at me

Excited again

Now with abang Eboy

At the end of the day I was feeling kinda dizzy but we think its all worth it. Glad we went despite feeling unwell. We got to see family who we haven't seen in a while and Dia dn I get to see Anjai's cultures.. hehe

No comments: