Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thoughts and prayers

About 18hrs since the earthquake and tsunami hit Japan..

I first got the news via my work email as one of my colleagues whom I just met a couple hours earlier advised us. He was on his way back to japan and was in transit in Singapore. Works trying to locate and ensure that our colleagues currently stationed in Japan started immediately but mobile phones services was bad.. Since phone services were bad some of our colleagues used Facebook to keep in touch..

My thoughts also went straight to our Japanese colleagues who is also in transit. We dropped one of them an email and his wife and son is safe.. Alhamdulillah

I am still in shock.. The 2004 tsunami was closer to home as it was in Indonesia but i have to say that this has hit me more than 2004.. I think because i personally know people who are effected by this.. So Please pray with me that all are safe and sound.. Amin!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: