Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011, hello 2012

If i have one word to describe my year it will be.... Bluergh.. Haha yes it has not been a great year, a lot of ups and downs but i cannot be thankful enough fr the blessings that Allah has put on me.. I am also thankful for all the tests that he has granted me for i know that he will not give me a test that i cannot overcome and what does not kill me, makes me stronger..

One of the BIG bumps we had this year was when the Hubs suffered a minor heart attack and had to undergo angioplasty at JPMC. This was back in March, just after Nadia turned 2 and i was 7 months along with Sofiyya. It was an emotional time for me (being pregnant and all LOL) but it has taught us to be more healthy and more pro-active in taking care of ourselves..

A few friends have suffered some losses this year, a grandmother, a new born baby and close friend of mine lost her mother and it was another wake up call for me. I saw how it devastated my friend and i constantly pray that Allah gives her strength to move on. On that note i need to be more healthy and i pray for long life. I want to be able to tell my girls, on their wedding day that they are the most beautiful brides in the world, and to be able to tell them how proud i am when they graduate from Uni.

The highlight of my year was when we welcomed Sofiyya.. Sofiyya was such a happy baby that even when i gave birth to her, in pain, i was still able to laugh.. She was born 30th May 2011 at the first stage labor room at RIPAS (bless the child for not prolonging the pain and decided to come out there and then); 4 years after Her parents' first date. We will now forever remember that date.. Hehe Alhamdulillah, breastfeeding has been fanastic and i was able to build up a significant amount of EBM stock.

Another highlight was when my work babies were finally delivered.. I cried a bucket and i think even colleagues in Korea heard me. Haha i cried because i was sad that i cannot be there (grounded due to pregnancy and on maternity leave) and happy that the project finally completed. I finally went on one of it in Sept! Even now when i see the ship on the horizon i feel happy and proud that i was part of that.. Alhamdulillah..

We ended the year with lots of activities with our family. SIL gr married & went over to limbang for Christmas. Alhamdulillah we got to spend quality time with family members who are based elsewhere and is back to celebrate the end of the year. We significantly missed one family who was unable to come back this year so hopefully, insyallah kalau umur panjang we will get to see them next year. Cant wait for next year when the girls are a bit older! Hehehe

So 2012, what do you have in store for me? I already know that it will be a big, tough and challenging year for me at work. A lot if expectations from a lot of people and some has said that 2012 is the 'make it or break it' year. i pray that I will be guided to conclude the tasks given to me and that i will excel with flying colors. I look forward to watching my 2 girls grow up and to celebrate their birthdays with them. I look forward to another anniversary with my husband and surprise surprise, i look forward to turning 30!! Hahahaha

January is already going to be a tough month as my maid has gone home to attend to her husband and take her leave but insyallah we will preserver..

Instead of going out to celebrate NYE with friends tonight, we will be having a quiet celebration with my family..

So readers, hope you have had a great 2011 and i pray that you will have an even better 2012..

Lots of love,
Mother to 2 beautiful daughters, Nadia & Sofiyya and wife to a loving and generous Husband, Jai..

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments: