Friday, December 9, 2011

What my EBM goes through


As per your request Ummu AMIR (:p)

My EBM goes through a couple stages from being expressed to being given to Sofiyya..


1. After expressing i would chill my EBM at the offuce fridge and as soon as i get home i would transfer it to my EBM bags.






2. Then i would place the chilled EBM in my freezer.






3. When the freezer is full i would then move it to my mum's deep freezer..






3. I would group the EBMs by dates and store it in plastic bag as batches. I must date the plastic bag. I use to store at 30oz per plastic but now i increase it to 60oz per batch, pasal inda bnyk plastic bag! Haha







4. And then i would place the plastic bag in this deep freezer..






I practice 'First in First out' method where the EBMs to br given to Sofie is the oldest. This reduces the risk of expiring EBMs and to throw any out..

5. So my oldest batch of EBM would be placed in this small fridge turn freezer cos its soo cold!! Haha






6. And thats how the 'to be given' stock looks like..



7. My maid would then thaw the EBM in water and then transfer them into Sofie's bottle..

A couple of friends ask why do i keep such a large stock of EBMs. My main motivation for doing so is mainly in case i need to travel, in case i have to work late.. I really don't want to worry if my baby has enough milk or not when i go out..

On a normal day i would bring home an average of 15-18oz ad sofie takes in 15oz so i break even.. Basically i am niw maintaining whatever stock i had before my ML ends..

Oh we started introducing rice, pumpkin and chicken porridge to my little miss happy and its a hit!!






No comments: