Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sofiyya is one today

Dear Sofiyya,

Happy first birthday my darling daughter.. You are a full ONE today! 

To be honest i have been waiting for this day to arrive and when it is finally here my heart breaks a little knowing that in a matter of time you will be all grown up, picks out your own clothes, talk on the phone for hours with your friends and will probably start to hate me a bit cause i am your mum and tells you no when you want to go out on a school night.. Please my sayang, please don't grow up too soon and enjoy being your age.. Enjoy and live life to the fullest but with caution of course. You may think that i am old, don't know how you feel and don't know how to have fun but you are wrong. I was a young lady once and i know what you are going through so please listen to my advises.. 

I have enjoyed watching you grow from this tiny baby to a beautiful toddler for the past 12 months and with you it felt so quick! I guess its true when they say time flies when you are having fun..

So at one year old, you have one tiny tooth at the front top jaw, learning to be comfortable with standing up on your own and without support. Yes compared to your Kaka you are a bit behind in terms of your development but sayang, i don't care. You do things your way and at your own pace ok.. 

At one year we have also achieved one of my mid-term goals: to be fully breastfed! Well done my sayang.. Keep up and soon enough it'll be your 2nd birthday and we will be celebrating not only you turning two but also the ultimate goal, insyallah..

I will not write any further.. Enjoy your day today and consequently the weekend as well as we will have a small gathering to celebrate you turning one, nenek boy turning 65 and Abg Mijan turning 12.. 

Happy birthday my sayang.. remember always that Mummy, Daddy and Kaka Dia loves you so very very much.. Keep on smiling cause that smile of yours brigthens the darkest of days.. 

Lots of Love,
Mummy


No comments: