Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lumps..

..is what i found on my left Bs yesterday.. I've heard stories about Breast Cancer so I was very VERY concerned.

A quick call to E13 and research on the internet and it is just blocked glands. What causes it? So-called "blocked ducts" (a more accurate description would be inflamed ducts) are almost always caused by breasts not being "milked" effectively by your baby when he feeds. So i now learn my lesson.. I should just pump when it time to pump.. (In my defense the electricity was out and I did not want to pump in the dark hence i waited to go home and pump)

Ways to ease the pain? The solution to blocked ducts is to make sure that your baby is feeding effectively (i.e. latching well). Using a breast pump after each feed may help with milk removal. Warm (or cold) flannels on the breasts, warm baths and gentle massage may also help. Or what i did was i massage the lumpy area with two fingers and massage towards the Nips. Alhamdulilah the lump went away after just one feed. hehehe

No comments: