Monday, January 18, 2010

11 of 2010

Dia has been having her sniffles and coughs for the past week or so and as a baby she hasn't figured out the art of removing her mucus (dahak) as we adults do. So for the past week occasionally she would cough and vomit the mucus out. And this usually happens early in the morning or at midnight.. People say its good that she knows how to vomit it out as some babies doesn't and some mothers would stick their fingers down the baby's throat so that all the mucus comes out..

She woke up at 5 today like normal, cheerful and then she started to cough. We thought it would be her normal ones and then she did it again.. and sometimes she sounded like she couldn't breathe.. huhu So we took her to A&E in Tutong Hospital. Dr asked the normal questions and she did her her check up. The good thing was that Dia was not dehydrated and she has good level of Oxygen in her body. The bad was that her throat is congested. She sent us away with Paracetamol, saline drops and also antibiotics to help clear her throat out. And a promise from us that should her coughs persist, we need to take her back..

She was extra manja to me and as I walked away this morning (at 10!!) to go to work I felt a slight guilt for leaving her behind. I asked myself What kind of mother am I for leaving her baby when she needs her.. Then I say I am a Working Mother. This feeling of guilt will always be around and I can only pray that god protects my little girl and that my little girl understands that Mummy has to go to work and is only doing this for her. I hope Dia gets well soon.. especially before the weekend..

Other than Dia, Anjai is also at home, in bed, nursing a slight food poisoning.. Then I ask myself what kind of wife I am? my answer is a working wife and the kind that loves her husband very much.. Hope you get well soon my dear. And if you are wondering why I am not calling and asking how you are, its because I do not want to disturb your rest and sleep.

Oh I forgot to mention that Dia went to MCH for a check up and she is now 7.25kg! She finally hit the 7kg mark! hahaha The nurse was saying that her weight gain is not as good as she wants it to be but as soon as I answered her question on what milk she is taking and I answered BM, she said 'Don't worry about it, breastfed babies are usually smaller in size' SO I am back to smiling.. hehehe

Dia has lost a bit of her appetite the past 2 days and maybe her not feeling well contributes to it but we have changed her diet a little bit. I have (finally) introduced sweet potatoes in her diet. She took it well although my dad is insistent that we give her porridge at least twice daily.. Think my parents is worried about her size.. hahaha As for snacks, we have always tried to avoid processed food only introducing Baby Bites to her as snacks and also fruits like bananas, grapes, pears, oranges. But yesterday Anjai and I decided to introduce other types of biscuits for her to snack on.. With all these new food in her diet I hope she takes it all in well.. hehehe

No comments: