Friday, January 15, 2010

Co-sleeping

I wrote a couple of months ago about Dia insisting on sleeping in our bed instead of hers.. I have been trying to encourage her to sleep in her own bed but to no avail and just a few nights ago the husband an I were talking about how long our bed will have 3 occupants instead of 2.. Then early this morning I stumbled upon an article on Twitter that says :Co-Sleeping benefits breastfeeding mothers.

Basically 5 reasons why Mummies choose to Co-sleeping with their babies:
1. Its easier - For me it is easier as I do not have to get up and comfort or breastfeed Dia.
2. Encourages Breastfeeding - For me, with the whole deed being easier (look at no 1) it encourages me to BF my Dia more.
3. Lets your baby fall back to sleep easier - I think this is true cause Dia will feed on me and then when she is done she just rolls over. Unlike dulu when she was sleeping in her cot, she would fall asleep in my arms and sometimes when i move her into her cot she would wake up and then i would have to start the whole cycles of comforting her back to sleep, again. This I think contributes to my being less cranky as i now get enough sleep compared to dulu.
4. Helps mummy & baby to get into the same sleeping cycle - Banar kali ah cause it seems like Dia wakes up whenever I'm up. haha
5. Helps working mothers feel close to her baby after being away for the whole day - YES! I Love having her next to me!! hehehe And I think Anjai does tooo! This is probably silly but sometimes we would both just look at Dia sleeping HAHA

Here's the link if any of you wants to find out more:
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1jtiV5/www.breastfeeding-magazine.com/co-sleeping.html/r:t

No comments: