Saturday, January 23, 2010

me es officially on leave..

..since Thursday at 5pm! Yeap.. It has been 7 months since I have been back at the office after 2.5 months of maternity leave and I am on a much deserved break. Although the break is only 6 working days.. boo hoo!

Anjai, Shopaholic, Gamerholic and I, along with 9 of Shopaholic's friends headed to Kota Kinabalu yesterday. We departed Brunei at 8am and landed at 8.20am. Its been a while since either of Anjai and I have been to KK so the differences was significant. The new developments here and there and new tall buildings are mushrooming here and there! One thing remains the same tho, the blue green ocean! Beautiful!! Wish I could dip my feet in the sea but I guess thats one thing i'll look forward to the next time we go to KK. Note to self: better practice on your swimming and find a swimming class for the little princess! hahaha The Holics were our tour guide so they took us to Centerpoint and Wisma-something and then we headed to he highly raved 1Borneo! The shops are a huge difference compared to what we have here but since we will be heading for another holiday in a couple of days we restrained ourselves and by we i mean Anjai and I. The Holics and friends were going at it!!!! They came with one little bag and when we saw them at the airport, BASAR bags dorangg! hahahaha High five to all of you!! hahaha

One thing I would remember significantly about this trip would be the expressing of EBM!!! I sort of panicked thursday afternoon and then devised a plan. So what I did was pre-freeze my ice packs and right before leaving for the airport I wrapped them up in newspapers and place them in my cooler box. So we left with a huge bag! hahaha I didn't express until about 2pm when we got to 1borneo. Shopaholic advised me that there is an executive toilet so I headed there and paid RM1 for the entry and when I went it, the toilet was indeed better than the normal ones.. Each cubicle had a toilet (obviously),  a sink and also place to put your stuff. SO by this time I was dying to express!!! What a relief! I managed to pump 8oz, 1 oz short of my target. SO once I am done I wrapped the bottles filled with EBM in the ice packs and then wrapped them tightly in lots and lots of newspapers and then placed them in the coolbox. Why I use newspapers on top of the ice pack? well I figured it will help in keeping the cool longer. hehe 

Our flight took of at about 6pm and we arrived home around 730pm. Alhamdulilah EBM was in good condition. As Shopaholic said to me 'bekarih jua ah BF ani' and my answer is yes.. But then again its all individuals' efforts bah.. both Anjai and I choose to BF our daughter so for us it means that we will do all we can to continue to provide BF to her. We know we have a choice of giving FM to our baby but it is not something that we want to do YET. We know eventually we will probably introduce or rather re-introduce FM to her (since we had to give FM during the first 5 days of her life) but its just not something that we would like to do now. We have nothing against FM, its just something that we are not ready to do yet. Sementara my BM masih ada, i shall continue to BF Dia exclusively.. :) I think a few months ago I wrote that someone said 'payah jua tu' and I think I kept the reply to myself at that time but I think with all these things, it will be payah if you choose for it to be payah. 

Oh in case any of you are wondering and is unable to understand, I LOVE BFing my daughter.. I think it is such a privilage that only I can give that milk to my daughter, only ME! hehe and the fact that I can take breaks when I am at work to pump or get out of boring meetings to pump is the bomb!! hahaha (not that I always use pumping as an excuse to get out of meetings pulang.. honesstt! dududududu!) hehehe And I think because of my experience of not being able to BF Dia for the first 5 days atu tah makes me appreciate my BM more.. hehehe

Ok this is beginning to be an emotional post on BF and BM! hahaha So Happy weekend y'all. And in case I am unable to blog next week, don't worry, Anjai Dia and I are away on a short holiday.. Hopefully all will go well, Dia inda mengusut and fussy.. SO don't miss us to much, especially you Abang Ijan!!! 

tata~~~

No comments: