Thursday, July 1, 2010

100

So this would me the 100th post for this year and 381 post since I ever started writing this blog. Thank you to my readers, Friends, Family and others (please do let me know how you happen to stumble on my blog).

So my post to day is dedicated to my biggest passion thus far, Breastfeeding. I have been breastfeeding my darling daughter for I year 3 months, 1 week and 6 days now and I am loving every minute of it. My daily 'produce' is at 11oz per day and my current stock stands at 120oz. Syukur Alhamdulilah.

I am always asking fellow BFing moms on any tips to increase BM production. Sometime I do, sometime I don't follow through with my intent to try their tip out (pemalas kan kami ani! huhu). For those that I forwarded the list of to-do list, saya ucapkan selamat mencuba.. As I have not tried everything on the list, I would appreciate if you guys could let me know what works the best for you.

Two night a male colleague whose wife is pregnant with his first child texted me last night on which type of breastpump is best, etc etc. For that ladies (and gents), I cannot give you a definite answer as it really depends on your needs and what works for you. For me personally, the Medela FS fulfills my need as it is automatic, duo (in the interest of time) and light (as I take them to work daily and for traveling). But somehow for some mothers Medela does not seem to work as well as it did mine. So I guess its all trial and error. I do have to say that Avent comes highly recommended as well. That is in terms of brand but in terms of Automatic vs Mannual, I would not be the right person to say which is best as I have only used automatic.

I have a couple of things that I would like to do differently when I am on my second child (if god is willing and murah rezeki *amin sambil looks at the hubs*LOL) and it is EXPRESS EXPRESS EXPRESS!!
1. Express at much as possible, especially in the 'prime' period i.e. the first 6 months
2. Express at least once daily, even when I am planning to direct feeding the baby the whole day

Happy Friday y'all!

Oh and quick CONGRATS to my colleague, my boss and a good friend, HL who gave birth yesterday afternoon.

No comments: