Sunday, August 14, 2011

Almost halfway through Ramadhan

Tomorrow marks the 14th day in the holy month of Ramadhan.. Halfway through and it also means that I have about 2 weeks of maternity leave left.. I am supposed to go back to work on 31st August.. I think the sighting of the moon will be held on 30th (right?) so if they do sight the moon, I'll go back to work after the hari raya holidays and if they don't, I'll be back to work for 1 day and then go on the hari raya holidays.. So how do I feel about all going back to work after 13 weeks of being away? NERVOUS!! I already know that things will be different cause there are now expats in our office, operation dept in full operation, more people and there has been an office reshuffling ad I have a new desk..! So yeahhh.. In terms of leaving my 2 girls for the whole day, we have been practicing leaving sofie with my mum and maid downstairs for half a day (part of our bottle training) and she seems ok with it.. I hope Dia will be ok with me going back to work and i hope I will not cry a bucket like I did the last time around hahaha

When I went back to work after having Nadia I had a million questions in my head.. Running through my checklist below:

1. How many EBMs do I need to prepare for Sofie? - we did a dry run and she took 12oz from 9-5.
2. Do I need to defreeze the ebms and transfer to bottles in the morning? - with my current maid, I don't need to do this as she is fully capable in defreezing and transferring the ebms into the bottles.. She even know that it's best to prepare extra! All I need to do is move ebms into the small fridge downstairs. :D
3. What time should I express? - As part of my routine I shall continue to express when I wake up, 11am and 4pm..
4. Where to express? - because we don't have a mummy's room, I shall express in our pantry.. At least our pantry is nicer now and has proper ventilation compared to our old office.. I intend to print a small sign that says 'mommy inside' to indicate to my colleagues that I am doing my mummy thing inside..
5. Do I store in ebm bags and freeze immediately or transfer in ebm bags when I get home? - I used to freeze immediately in the old office but I think this time around I'll just chill the ebms and transfer and freeze it when I get home.. Office distance is afterall shorter..

Speaking of expressing my FS is currently acting up.. While I was expressing a couple of days ago the battery accidentally fell out of the machine thingy and ever since then it has been blinking battery with one bar sign.. And it doesn't seem to charge up.. Reading online it says that the battery is resetting itself so I should charge it for 18-24 hrs.. Been doing it and hopefully the problem goes away.. I know I have a spare FS but soo sayang!! Huhuhu

We started to stop using mittens on Sofie cause we notice her trying to put her hand in her mouth hehe






Mitten-less






Lawan cakap sama Daddy

We headed to the ILs place today..





Headed back to the ILs







Dia and Uncle Eboy






Chilling at the foyer






Sofie and Yaki

No comments: