Monday, May 18, 2009

Is it enough?

Happy Monday y'all.. I have 3 weeks of hols left and it leaves me with mixed feelings.. *sigh* While I was preparing Dia's Bottles last friday it got me thinking if Dia is feeding enough. And how much milk is she suppose to consume at her age. So i googled it and discovered that this concern is shared by a lot of BF mothers out there.. hehe

Anyways, reading up on the matter, she is suppose to consume approximately 25oz per 24hrs i.e. an average of 1oz per hr. I did my calculation and since she takes 10oz from 7am - 5pm (10 hrs) kira ok lah tu and since i can't measure how much she is taking in while being direct fed i can only assume that she takes about enough however it did say on the websites that in the evenings they usually get less so last night i decided to feed her, even when she isn't showing signs to wanting to be fed or crying. To my delight and surprise, Mau jua ia! haha and I decided to increase the amount of milk per bottle this morning from 2oz per bottle to 2.5oz.. 

Another concern I and Anjai had was if i can produce the amount that she takes in and if i am able to maintain my current EBM supply.. I have been keeping track of how much i express and so far i produce about 7oz per 15mins of pumping and since i pump twice during the day (once at 10am and once at 3pm), i think i should be able to maintain, or even increase my supply.. *alhamdulillah* (and so the dry run continues..)

So anyways, here are some pics taken over the weekend..

Saturday: Dia's second visit at Yadu & Yaki's place..

Alya: What is that thing with the orange light?

Dia sleeping - With her mouth open! LOL

Alya & Dia playing with the grandparents

Sunday: the parents went out and left Dia at home, which i am thankful that we did cos it rained heavily in BSB. Didn't take much pics (cos its not that fun w/o Dia in d pic) but i would like to share what we ate.. heheh I finally had my Japanese and we also tapau-ed Bakerlyn cakes! *yumm*


No comments: