Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Traveling with and without a baby

Many many questions when it comes to the above!

Traveling with baby:
1. Feeding solids: How do I prepare rice porridge for the little one while we are overseas? Do I bring a mini rice cooker and cook there? Do I just order normal rice porridge from the hotel and blend it?
Do I use instant meals like Nestum and feed her?

2. Clothing: How much is too much? Say we are traveling for 5 days, do I bring change for 5 days? or do I just bring 3 and send her little clothes for cleaning at the hotel?
3. In flight: I guess the baby will not feel comfortable during take off and landing due to the air pressure, so how do i soothe her?
Some say feed her during those times but what if she doesn't want to be fed? Some say give her pacifier, does that work?

4. Strollers: Is it better to check in the stroller or bring it on the plane with u?

Traveling without a Baby: (Now this mainly revolve around EBMs!)
1. Storing of EBMs: Do I just store my EBMs in the hotel room fridge or ask the hotel to store them for me in one of thier massive freezers? If i do ask them to store it in thier massive freezer, is it a good idea to bring a container so that the hotel staff knows that those are EBMs.
When i pump for storage I usually put the EBM directly into the zipper bag and label them. I figured i can do that too but I have a fear of the hotel people confusing my EBM for something else.
2. Transporting it back to Brunei: How big of a cooler box do i need to bring? Lets say for a 5 day trip where i produce 20oz per day. I guess I can test the cooler out with my current suuplies and see if it fit.
Do I bring the cooler on hand carry or check it in? Do I buy dry ice (if so where do u think I can get them?) or just use normal ice? Do I need to inform the airline in advance that I will be bringing my EBMs along?

No comments: