Saturday, April 30, 2011

EDD via US or LMP

I am a bit puzzled as to which EDD date is used as a reference. One Doctor says that we should use the Ultrasound date which at this point is 9th June and the other Doctor says we should use the last period EDD which at this point is 26th May.. So I either give birth in 4 or 6 weeks time.. Right...

I have been experiencing cramps on my lower abdonmial area since yesterday noon and back pain. The cramps vary from mild to severe.. I thought it was because I drove to work and been on my feet the whole day yesterday so decided to rest but was surprised that the pain persisted the whole night and when I woke up this morning. So I decided not to take any chances and head to Tutong Hospital.. They did a CTG and alhamdulillah baby's heart beat is fine and I felt clear movements.. My suspicion that the cramps is preventing me from feeling the baby's kick was true. I also had a quick scan and Dr said all ok..

I refused to be admitted so I have to come back for another CTG each morning.. They gave me a shot to avoid preterm labor and also some antibiotics in case there is urinary infection as I have been peeing a lot..

Nurses said the cramps might be resultant from the baby 'mengamas'.. I of courses nodded along but asked how come dulu nada and the answer I received is 'every pregnancy is different'... The scan indicates LB is 2.6kg so maybe that's why I am getting the cramps, LB is one chubby baby.. Haha

I am now on 5 days MC which is a bummer cause I was eager to start the handover process with my staff so I might just drop by Monday afternoon if I feel better while hubs is at physio in JPMC..

I pray that all my tests results are ok.. I have been asked to rest but mcm gatal hati kan jalan2 hahaha have a great weekend everyone..

Oh quick shout out to my hubs!! Congrats on being a non-smoker for 1 month.. Dia and I are very very proud of u! Great job syg and keep it up!! xoxo

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: