Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nesting

I have the urge to clean and organise everything! I didn't think of it much at first cos i thought I am in my normal 'planner' mode where i plan everything and making sure that when the time comes for deliver for me, all will be in order and inda payah panic or berabut.. Then a friend made a comment that i might be nesting. As I said I didn't think much of it until i started to do the same thing around the office.. I started spring cleaning my desk and sorting things out and even started to tell/teach my colleague how to file stuff and also reminding her do sort things out! As soon as i got home i grabbed my book and googled it and i now believe that I AM going through Nesting!

It is defined as 'an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.' It says that its quite normal for a woman to feel like so as it is a primal instinct for our kind however expecting mothers should sit down and relax as some say that its a sign that labor is near. Hence better to save up the energy for the battle to come.. hehe After reading this i thought i better slow down but i just kept on coming up with more things to do!!

Last night, I packed away my maternity baju kurungs as I now find that i can longer fit in them, despite most of them being recently altered!! And I also packed Anjai's clothes in case i go into labor, despite the fact that he says there is no need to pack his clothes as he is more than capable doing it himself and that the most important thing is stuff for me and baby.

I have also been sleep deprived lately esp last nite when i didn't fall asleep until about 3am! My itch has been keeping me up and it has now gone to not only my tummy area but my arm and legs! I have been using Bio-oil as recommended by Huaida and also cream but which reduces the itch but ada jua masih lah.. I can't help but think that this is god's way of training me for the future feeding in the middle of the night and also sleep deprivation once i come back to work! hehe Talk about taking the positive out of the negative kan? haha So now i wander when will god train Anjai for the sleepless? hahaha

Oh BTW (not that this info is any good to you but sajaa.. LOL) I have gone up 2 sizes now! My other maternity pants were size 12 and when i went out to buy another one yesterday, i needed to get size 16!! TWO sizes up in a span of how many weeks!!! yikes!

No comments: