Sunday, February 8, 2009

PUPPP

So its sunday evening and i meant to write something on saturday but forgot all about it cos I have been busy doing... CHORES! haha nothing interesting pulang, just loads of laundry.. But the most interesting thing i did over the weekend was, pack the baby box!! hehe I actually thought that it is too early but after receiving much comments from ppl around me and my older brother that i might pop out early so i decided it is time.. Don't worry TC, I sterilized all baby's clothes before i packed them up in the box.. Packing the baby box was easy cause we have all the stuff sudah, but packing mummy's stuff was a bit hard.. So we went out to do some shopping and buy things like milo and toiletries..

Speaking of which, i just found out a few days ago that we are not supposed to mandi for the first 7 days after giving birth.. and my reaction to this was 'WHAAT'. Apparently if mandi, bulih naik 'uri'.. Then i tot 'okayy, tapi cemana rambut ku tu?' I dont know about others but my scalp would itch if i don't shampoo so i went out to look for dry shampoo (those shampoo that does not require you to rinse with water) but disappointed to report that there is none available in Tutong.. So the hunt continues.. If anyone know where to get these, please let me know.. 

Oh following my post before this, the medical terms for my itch is Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy (PUPPP) *thanks E13 for the info*. According to dermatology.about.com, It is a common rash where it normally occurs in first pregancies and in the third trimester.  It is harmless to mother and baby however it can get really annoying (atu banar!). It lasts for about 6 weeks and resolves within 1-2 weeks after delivery (yikes!). The cause is unknown however recent research shows that 70% of women with PUPPP give birth to boys (interestingg hehe). So i guess the itch is here to stay.. 

Huaida - Thanks for the tip on Bio-oil.. Currently using it and hopefully this will help reduce the itch *fingers crossed*
Shopaholic - I am very shocked to see the actual situation of the banjir over at your place.. Hang in there girl and hopefully flood will subside in a couple of days.. and I am very proud of you for getting on the boat.. and nya Anjai, pls kerja esok.. hahaha

No comments: