Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maintaining supply

I think all Fasting, BFing moms are currently experiencing a dip in terms of EBM production. There has been some good days where I managed to express a total of 8oz from 6am - 2pm, and there has been days that I managed to express 6oz.. So in order to maintain/increase my production rate these are the items I eat/drink..

Once every 2 days, my mum/maid will cook some langgiroh/sasigan for me to eat.
It was funny how Anjai & I went around at the tamu asking how this veg looks like as we have both never seen it uncooked. So Gotta make a point to go to Tamu every Thursday to buy my supply. My mum use to grow these around the house dulu when I first had Nadia so maybe its about time I ask her to re-grow again.. hehehe

Because I have trouble swallowing those (massive) Fenugreek pills, I try on a daily basis to take this drink in. Taste wise, barely taste any fenugreek, mcm hot chocolate bah.. hehehe
For those who are interested it is sold at Mr. Baker's Bakery in Batu Bersurat, opposite the basket ball court.

This is something new that I just tried last night. I suppose instead of eating oats with milk it is easier to drink this Oat Milk. A friend of mine tried it and she swears that it helps her.. Oh and i take it with some cereal :)
It is sold in Supa Save and it has been out-of stock for the past 2 months kali. ani baru ada.. so I am planning to make my way to Supa Save and stock up on this babies!

(Please note that i do not get any commission whatsoever when promoting this product. Just information sharing for other BFing mums out there :P)

Other than that I make sure I Sahur and eat rice during Sahur.

On Dia's consumption side, we are all very grateful and happy that she is back to eating up all her meals and snacks (continuously according to my mum), she has been taking 4oz daily when I am away. So alhamdulillah, my stocks is now at 140oz.. hehe Of course this is nothing compared to some of my friends but I am happy with it and grateful for it :)

This is Dia a couple of nights ago, eating up a portion of our sahur! hehehe

I am also grateful for the support system I have around me. My husband who is always willing to buy items that will increase my BM, entertain the little girl while I express, etc. My mum and family, my friends and most especially other BFing friends who are always ready to answer my question or willing to share tips.. Syukur alhamdulillah.. and can't thank them enough..

Oh and this is what I cooked last night!

Buttermilk Chicken

now time to think of what I should cook for tonight.. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Untuk menambah breast milk kan ni sis?