Friday, November 11, 2011

Life is so different..

I had a reflection moment a couple of nights ago on how my life has drastically changed eversince i had Nadia.. Of course when we first found out i was preggors we were beyond excited!! Knowing me i had to immediately think of logistics and things to prepare.. The number of things to buy was overwhelming and alhamdulillah we managed to stick to the list. When i was done with the preparations, i started to think about labor but i told myself 'I'll deal with it when i comes' and choose to brush it off..

At one point i remember feeling very scared.. I was scared that i will become a bad mother or being the clumsy self that i am i was sacred thati will drop my child on its head. I was scared that i will not be able to breastfeed. But mostly i was scared of what type of mom i would be. I thought i would become the overly possesive and controlling mum that would lose my footing and give in each time my child throws a tantrum..

My journey as a mom has been.. Okay.. (I think!! Haha) i guess what i am trying to say to new mums out there, its ok to feel scared.. Its ok to think 'can i do this?'.. Its perfectly normal i think..

What's important, especially at the begining is the support system.. I had my mum, my SILs, my aunts, my cousins and my husband as my support system and they were fantastic!! At the very begining when we first got home when i was not as mobile, they would help me bathe Nadia, wash bottles and pumps, etc.. The key is to know when to ask for help.. And i guess its also knowing not to step over the line.. Haha

Ok i'm rambling!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: