Wednesday, February 10, 2010

25 of 2011

I had an interesting conversation with Boo over lunch on how Dia being an only child, we might be over-doting on her. That is in fact ne of my biggest fears.. I am afraid of turning into a mom who dotes on their child too much and in the end has no authority over what the son/daughter does. For me, I have a very example on how a parent dote on the child too much. An aunt who only has one child dote on her son too much.Her son refuses to go to school and he is now 21, out of school and is not doing anything. His cousins around the same age are currently working and another is getting engaged.

I guess to answer Boo's question (although I think I already did) I do dote on Dia, however I do try to be strict with her as well. For example if she wants to be fed but her face is all dirty, I would tell her to wash her face before I do feed her. So in this instance someone who was holding her at that time will go and wash her face lah ah.. But I have to admit that I do sometimes give in.. har har!

So the point of me writing this today is a reminder to myself and the husband, not to give in to what the little girl wants all the time. We have to instill our authority and some discipline.

No comments: