Thursday, February 11, 2010

bigger shoes to fill

We began the day with a trip the A&E at Tutong Hospital.

2 nights ago we noticed that Dia started to cough so we gave her some paracetamol and continued to give it the whole of yesterday. Apparently she was very fussy the whole of yesterday and she was vomiting. Think it was her trying to remove the sticky flem in the throat. She seemed her normal self but a bit tired as she didn't sleep much during the day (courtesy of her coughs). We continued on with paracetamol and then at around 1am i noticed that she was a bit warm. So i checked her temp it was 37.5.. So i sponged her and continued on sleeping then at about 3am i woke up again and this time I felt she was even warmer! I checked her temp, she was at 39!!! So we quickly gave her paracetamol again and started sponging her.. .

She woke up around 6am and we decided to go and see the Doctor. Her temp was down to 37.7 this morning and there were slight flem and redness in her throat. Instead of just sending us away with paracetamol (again!) and saline drops, the Dr told us that Dia needs to be nebulized. and boy did she cry! I think the whole hospital heard her! LOL I had to go to work so i do hope my Dia is doing fine at home..

I wrote at the beginning of the year that 2010 will be a challenging year for me.. With effect of some changes that has been made the challenges for me and some of my colleagues is now bigger. I have bigger shoes to fill and I hope and I pray that god gives me the will and strength to survive with flying colors. Amin..

No comments: